Undergraduate admissions

Want to be a member of our CAPR family?


Are you currently an Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts student? Do you want to declare PR major?
Information regarding major declaration will be announced on CA Academic Board and CA website. Submit major selection form and other required documents during the declaration season.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I want to declare PR as my major, what subjects should I pass?

Before major declaration, you have to pass BG1001 English I, CA1001 Introduction to Communication, and CA1022 Introduction to Public Relations. Moreover, you have to get at least C from CA1022 Introduction to Public Relations.

To declare PR major, how many credits do I need?

  • For student with ID 55xxxx – 59xxxx, you need to have at least 36 credits.
  • For student with ID 60xxxx onwards, you need to have at least 24 credits.

Where can I find news and announcement regarding major declaration?

All major declaration information will be posted on CA Academic Board and CA website.

When is the time period for major declaration?

Major declaration period will be scheduled before mid-term examination both in semester 1 and 2. The exact date will be announced on CA Academic Board and CA website.

What are the differences between major students and non-major students?

Adding priority, advisor, and transcript.